Not a member of the Power Squadron?
We have a variety of programs and services the Cape Coral Power Squadron provides for the General Public, as well as for Squadron members. Select from the menu on the left to review any of these subjects.
View the Member Involvement Photo Gallery.
Interested in Joining?
To qualify for membership an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass an approved Safe Boating Course. Not necessarily the Power Squadron Safe Boating Course.
- Be approved by the Squadron Executive Committee.
- Be willing to contribute time, energy and skills to help the Squadron meet the objectives of the USPS.
- Pay the applicable Membership fees:
We are an organization of volunteers: Every member is expected to participate in Squadron activities, such as:
- Taking classes to further their nautical education
- Participating in the cooperative charting program.
- Participating in the vessel safety ck program.
- Helping on a committee.
Type of memberships:
- Active - Single membership only
- Family - Includes Spouse and/or dependent children, they do not have to pass an exam, however, they must pass a safe boating exam to take additional classes.
- Trial membership - six month trial membership for new graduates of the USPS Safe Boating Course
How do I apply?
All memberships in the Cape Coral Power Squadron are processed through our membership chairperson,
Gerry Whisler who can be reached at 717-574-1101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
He will be happy to assist you in becoming a Cape Coral Power Squadron member.
Want more information?
Visit us on our Public Boating Course graduation night. Come to the Squadron office at 2000 on the last night of the class. We welcome you to enjoy coffee and cookies with staff and students. Members in attendance that evening will be pleased to tell you about the Cape Coral Power Squadron, as well as our educational and social programs.